Tuesday, March 27, 2007

YES! College Prep

Today I visited Yes! college prep. Yes! is a charter school cut from the TFA fabric; high expectations, hard work, lots of support, sights on college.

I was inspired. For I remembered
  • Students, just like my students, can have a joy of learning.
  • Students, just like my students, can think critically about topics.
  • Students, just like my students, can express themselves fluently.
  • Students, just like my students, can succeed.
So now I am left with a "now what" kind of feeling. How am I going to coalesce my reality, my teaching environment with the culture of accountability, of achievement, of growth represented by the students at Yes! Prep?

It's never to late to make a change.

1 comment:

roywsanchez said...

it all about money. take it from someone that has spent 7 years helping the school. More students more schools more money. Hey why no union at the school? Why no offical PTA for the parents. They BARBIC and board want to keep everyone in the dark.