Thursday, February 23, 2006

Let's jump

Yesterday I had double confirmation that the leg workouts Mr. Hunt and I have been doing are paying off.

Firstly, while playing kickball and wiffleball with the LUM kids yesterday, I took it upon myself to dunk the kickball a few times. And this wasn't "I'll try and dunk and not really dunk" or "I'll try and get rejected by the rim", this was "Hey! I just dunked!" I know that this should not be a new and fun experience to someone of my physical stature, but well, like I always tell myself, "I'm white." Not much of an excuse, I know, but there ya go.

Second, (and is firstly even a word? What is the point of the -ly? What adjective or verb is that adverb modifying? This is why I need my own personal intern.) the ultimate team had its first indoor practice last night at an indoor soccer field. I thought the fields worked out okay, and playing with traction was a pleasant change from the gym, but the point is that I was definitely jumping well. Of course I still have a hesitancy to jump when there are other people around, and, I cannot really estimate how high I should jump, and as a result, I still mistime my jumps quite severely. So really, I am not sure how far jumping by myself at the wrong time will get me, but at least I am jumping higher when I do it.

No comments: