Monday, February 20, 2006

I think I'll graduate

Last semester I took an independant research project as a technical elective. I had a advising professor, a project and a goal, but I was quite lacking on motivation or something because I never did anything. Well, I set up the test, but that was it.

At the end of last semester, I emailed my professor and basically said, "I did not do anything, give me an incomplete and I'll finish next semester." So that was what he did.

So here I am, on the 20th of February, the last day to change grades from last semester (according to the University). I have not finished my testing, but I actually started it, finally. I wrote up this very very incomplete report detailing the project I have been working on, e-mailed it off to my professor and then said "Well, that's that."

If I pass, then I will graduate in May. If I don't, I will have to take Maymester, and then graduate in June.

My professor emailed me back and said "I called the office but they were closed already."

I think I want to graduate.

1 comment:

Adam said...

"Professor? Yeah, I would like to graduate please. Would you discount my previous semester of non-productivity? Oh, and I didn't 'technically' get anything done this semester either, but I wrote a long fluff report..."

The good life