Sunday, May 06, 2007

Year 1 - Nearly Complete

I have 14 days left of class.
I have 19 calendar days until I am flying to Grand Rapids.

It is so close. And yet I cannot seem to find an accurate description or summary or whatever to neatly wrap this up.

Maybe this can't be wrapped up neatly. Well, probably.

But still.

One thing I can say; after the TAKS test, the pressure is definitely off. There is much less urgency everywhere. This is sad, but on the other hand, everyone is tired. I can see it. Shoot, I can feel it.

I for one, have been leaving at 4 pm almost every day. It is a revelation. Mr. F relates it to being in college - it's like we finished class and we don't have any homework until next week, so everyone is looking for something to do.

To occupy this new-found free-time I have been playing very hard.

I found a new game, Settlers of Catan, which many people have recommended over the past couple years. It is awesome.

I also play basketball, and go climbing 2 or 3 times a week.

I'm watching the Wire season 3.

I am cooking a lot.

Good things. I'm ready for Michigan.

1 comment:

k said...

Two more items to add to the list of things we'll do/eat when you get here: pancakes and croquet.