Monday, January 15, 2007

Target (via Bed Bath and Beyond)

On Sunday I made plans to go to Bed Bath and Beyond.

I guess 'plans' isn't correct, because there was no real planning involved.

I woke up from a nap at about 6. I couldn't move. Really, I didn't want to move. I didn't want to get out of bed. There was no reason to.

I laid there, in my bed, for about 35 minutes. Then I crawled out (my bed is just a mattress on the floor) of my bed into the living room. Mr. Shisler was playing xbox.

Mr. Shisler and I talked about xbox and the nfl playoff scenario for a little while. We're pretty good at having real firm opinions on stuff like that. Real high-class and all. Yea, I thought that the Patriots were pretty good. Tom Brady sure is a good quarterback. The Colts will get killed by the Chargers if they play. We were regular nfl analysts.

So I sit on the floor in my boxers for about an hour (I am not usually in the habit of doing this, but I feel it is important to this story), when the following exchange occurs:
Me: So, I'm going to go to bed bath and beyond.
Shisler: Yea?
Me: Yea, I'm gonna get a luffa.
Shisler: What? A luffa?
Me: Yea, I'm fed up.
Shisler: Why are you going to Bed bath and beyond? they have luffas at kroger.
Me: I don't know. I looked for one and I couldn't find one. No, I found it, but it looked all tiny and like it was going to fall apart.
Shisler: Oh. So you need a monster luffa?

Ten minutes pass when Ms. Peck calls up. She wants to come over but is tired of driving. Mr. Shisler doesn't want to drive over and get her, but promises to drive the rest of the night.
Me: Dude, just tell her i'll pick her up. I have to get a luffa anyway.
Shisler: (ignoring me and laughing) Yea i'll see you in a little bit (to Peck). No, I'm laughing cuz Jacob is talking about getting a luffa after sitting on the floor for like 2 hours.

So I went to best buy. It was closed. It was 8 pm on sunday.
In protest I drove to target. I bought 2 different kinds of luffas. One is this ball one and the other is this like tower coral thing. I also bought dove soap, cheezit crackers, a cd by the Fray, and the book Eragon.

Don't read Eragon. The writing sucks. Well, maybe read it if you want an easy read with an exciting plot. But not too exciting.

I never went to bed bath and beyond.

But I did get two luffas.

No comments: