Sunday, October 15, 2006

Pieces -> Mosaic

I just got off the phone with my buddy Kyle (Kyle, you need to read the previous Oct 14th entry).

We were talking about the differences between school and work, the changes in life. You know, reminiscing and subtly lamenting the fact that he is in Ft Wayne and I'm down in Houston.

Anyway, a moment of clarity is upon me. This life I lead, when it is fitting together, is so beautiful and joyful. It makes me want to laugh and dance and weep all at the same time while eating a big hamburger, because hamburgers are a joyful food.

Yes, it is hard to hold on to the perspective of amazement when I am in the midst of all the crap that has been documented here, but it is through those challenges that we are refined right?

Listen (okay, read) Paul's words:
"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."
- Romans 2:2-5

This life gives me so much joy. Thank you to everyone who lets me laugh with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jake,
I am to see that you are not letting your frustrations bring you down. My pastor at Clayton Christian Church really likes the hebrew Makarias. It means joy, but it actually means joy that can not be taken away from us. This is the joy that is found in Christ. Yeah, we have our bad days, but it is this joy that keeps us going. I'm happy that you realized that you are making huge, significant changes at the school. You might not think that they are all that world changing, but to the kids you help they are. So go on and dance and jump and whatever, because you are not just making world changes but kingdom changes. The light of Christ shines through you and all those kids see it. So go on with your bad self.

Anyways, I really enjoy your diagrams or figures or whatever they are. Especially the one about the light sabers. HAHAHA Keep hanging in there.